alesis sr 16 issue i'm having!

atomtan71

I am having this issue with my alesis sr 16 that involves this "skip" between patterns set up in SONG mode. It is important to point out that this "SKIP" IS ONLY IN SONG MODE.

More specifically with my own experiences I experienced this skip on the 16th beat out of a 16 beat pattern. This was pattern 1. The skip took place as pattern one transitioned to pattern 2.

I made sure that the patterns were programmed correctly or that they didn't involve any skips that I may have programmed.

There were no skips when pattern 1 or pattern two were played INDIVIDUALLY. Just having pattern 1 for instance repeat 10 times yielded no 'skipping'. Only the TRANSITION from one pattern to another.

Might this be a quantize issue?

I'm a little out of my league here and any suggestions/advice for be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Mark Lewis

It's been awhile since I've worked with an SR-16, but, this sounds like a problem with the programing of the fill that goes with the pattern. When you transition to a new pattern, the SR-16 replaces the first beat of the new pattern with the first beat that is programed in the fill. If the fill for the pattern has not been programed, you will have a blank beat when you transition. This is actually a cool feature because it allows you to add an accent like a cymbal crash to the pattern that will only occur at the transition point. If you play around with a pre-set pattern/fill in step mode, you should be able to see how this works.

Back