Zoom R8 - SD card mystery??

Hello all. I am a new Zoom R8 user, and I have a question about the SD card. I recorded a few songs, and after mastering wanted to share with some family/friends, so took the SD card out, stuck it in the card reader of my PC, did what I needed to do. All good. Here starts the mystery - when I put the card back in the R8, the names of all my "Projects" appeared as they should when I hit "SELECT" in the PROJECTS menu, but when I tried to listen to them again, it was as if nothing had been recorded. No sound - no matter how I worked with the settings, etc, I could not get the card to play any of the tracks I had recorded or play back the master track that I had completed. Has anyone else experienced this?? Oh - I meant to add that just for curiosity's sake, I put the SD card back in my PC's card reader, and I could still see and play every track, including the master on every project. But again - when I put the SD card back in the R8, other than the project names appearing when I hit "SELECT" in the PROJECTS menu, it was as if nothing had ever been recorded. Baffling. Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The first thing you want to do is to back up all the files on the SD card. If you have a second SD card, it might be best to duplicate it that way, just to have an identical backup.

Did you modify the files in any way in the PC? If so, that may well change the various points that the Zoom uses to keep track of the files. Does the project file show any tracks as being loaded? You may be able to reconstruct your work by importing the old audio files. I THINK you can import files into projects in the R8, but may have lost any effects you have done in post processing/mastering.

I use the R24, and whenever I want to work on files in the PC, I copy the project over to the hard drive, leaving the SD card intact. I've never had a problem putting the SD card back into my Zoom and pulling up a project, but I never altered any of the data.

Back