Zoom H4n Problem

DavidTNguyen

Hi! I just got my Zoom H4n and I tried putting in my headphone jack to monitor audio but I don't hear anything. My headphones aren't broken because I tested it on my iPhone and it plays fine. Also, my volume level is at 100 on the Zoom H4n. Another thing is, when I press to hear the playback of my audio file I don't hear anything. What the problem? I put my sd card onto my macbook, dragged the audio clip out and played the audio file and I can hear it fine btw! Thank you!

If nothing else works, try the factory reset.

zoomh4n_left_big.jpg

Just double checking, you are plugging into the LINE/PHONE] output jack on the left side? Not the mic input on the back.

I read something about an internal setting, but I think this is referring to the built in speaker.
When setting is the <MONITOR>,
there is no output of the input signals.
The built-in speaker cannot be used
when recording in standby on MTR
mode.
also...
◆ No sound, or sound is very weak
• Check the connections to your monitor system, and the volume setting of the system.
• Check whether the volume level setting of tracks 1 − 4 is appropriate.

If nothing else works, try the factory reset.

John Hames

Hi! I just got my Zoom H4n and I tried putting in my headphone jack to monitor audio but I don't hear anything. My headphones aren't broken because I tested it on my iPhone and it plays fine. Also, my volume level is at 100 on the Zoom H4n. Another thing is, when I press to hear the playback of my audio file I don't hear anything. What the problem? I put my sd card onto my macbook, dragged the audio clip out and played the audio file and I can hear it fine btw! Thank you!

Back