Youtube hashtags -- How do you search for content within the hashtag channel?

WWLaidback

Hashtags are supposed to be a way to generate views and subscribers on youtube.
How do you filter and/or rank hash-tag channel content?

For example, what is the most recent video here out of 49,000 listed videos from 12,000 channels?
Which ones specialize in Van Halen?
What are the most popular channels?
Which video has the most likes?

youtube_hashtags.png

That bumps me out of the #rockmusic hashtag "channel".
And?

Is it a channel or an aggregation of videos with the hashtag?

I don't understand the problem, which makes it difficult to even contemplate the solution or its utility. A channel at least has the ability to search within or sort by. This so called #hashtag is making me think it is a aggregate of videos and not a channel. Wouldn't #vanhalen supersede #rockmusic if you were looking for Van Halen?

And?

Is it a channel or an aggregation of videos with the hashtag?

I don't understand the problem, which makes it difficult to even contemplate the solution or its utility. A channel at least has the ability to search within or sort by. This so called #hashtag is making me think it is a aggregate of videos and not a channel. Wouldn't #vanhalen supersede #rockmusic if you were looking for Van Halen?

Let's try a different example:
Let's assume that yesterday -- you posted your rock music video with the #rockmusic hashtag.
Assume it has nothing to do with Van Halen.
There are already 49,000 videos over there at the #rockmusic hashtag.
How would you even know if your video made it to the list at all?
The first video on the list is 9 hours old and it has 3.2K views.
The fifth video on the list is 2 years old and it has 5M views.
The eigth video is 2 months old and it has 72.K views.
You have 49,992 remaining videos to look through -- in what appears to be a random order.

Idea: ding ding ding. 💡💡💡 What if you could order them chronologically starting with the newest?

Last edited:
Back