You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive (Darrell Scott / "Justified" Soundtrack) Cover

Guitarquango

Hi folks, I'm very glad to present you this collaboration with my friends Rona and Wolbai! The song was released by Darrell Scott in 1997 and later became world famous as the soundtrack of the Netflix production "Justified". Our cover was recorded a little faster and sung by the wonderful SupaRONAMIRA. Wolbai recorded and produced all instruments (except the acoustic guitars). Also the mixing / mastering and the clip production came from Wolbai. My job was the picking and strumming elements of the acoustic guitars. I hope you enjoy it!

Greetings & Peace, Jimmy

This is an interesting interpretation, quite the departure from the desperation of Darrel Scott's version. Love the vocal harmony, its closer to the Patty Loveless version, but seems almost upbeat in feeling, which is tough to do with a song about such a depressing place.

This is an interesting interpretation, quite the departure from the desperation of Darrel Scott's version. Love the vocal harmony, its closer to the Patty Loveless version, but seems almost upbeat in feeling, which is tough to do with a song about such a depressing place.
Glad about your positive feedback my friend! We love this song and we wanted to create a fresh version. So we needed more BPM... ;-)

Greetings and all the best, Jimmy

Back