Wow Im stoked!!

GtrGtrGtr

Hi guys.. I have posted here and there of getting and how to get my Cubase up and running.. Well I have and although have just scratched the surface I am amazed!! I should have done this years ago!! Im sort of working with the room and the software so a lot to learn and do but wow Im diggin this jazz. Drums are my biggest issue with recording as the room is small and I dont play drums so this Groove Agent is almost heaven for me . Not a drum machine by any means and still learning but with the help of youtube and reading these posts on this great forum ...again amazed am I... I am now able to build a drum line make it less or more complex and edit what I need to.. and again only scratching the surface still... All those years of reels then cassettes to Tascam stand alone HD recording and this daw stuff takes the cake.. Ok just wanted to check in and post a hello ... If your read this and your new(as I sorta still am ) to this forum HI and Welcome ... You will learn and get answers here . If you listen you too will be stoked!

Last edited:
Nice man! Next investment will be a drum program.

I am a Cubase guy myself. Let me know if I can help. Steven Slate Drums is my preferred drum VST but I mostly use samples to accent live drums. There are many others.

What genre of music do you record?

I have been writing jazzy blues songs lately and was considering that Groove /Jazz add on ..I very much appreciate your availability to help Jimmy

Cool! Hit me up anytime. I am always willing to help if I can.

Jimmy I would love to trigger the sounds provided within Cubase with a guitar. Ive been looking at the Roland GK3 and the Fishman Tripleplay But are these units able to trigger sounds within Cubase's programs? Or just the software of a keyboard or on board softwares ?

If money is tight atmo, look out for a second hand 'Portasound' type keyboard. Several years ago I picked up a Yamaha PSS-780, ex uncollected repair, cost me £50.
The synth has 8 50x10mm pads along the front that can be assigned to trigger any sound in the box and recorded by the built in sequencer. That can then be dumped as MIDI data to a PC. You can of course link to a MIDI port and whack the pads in real time.

"BFD Eco" is pretty good.

Dave.

I do have a Yamaha MM6? Something like that but am more interested in triggering with the gtr as thats all I play .. Master of one I guess...

I do have a Yamaha MM6? Something like that but am more interested in triggering with the gtr as thats all I play .. Master of one I guess...

Yo! My son is a good guitarists (and keys, clarinet, bit of trumpet ****im!) but pads are good when you just want to hit things.

Dave.

Back