"Wonderful Tonight" (Eric Clapton) fingerstyle guitar cover

Guitarquango

Hi folks, this is my acoustic solo guitar arrangement of the good Eric Clapton song "Wonderful Tonight". The song was written by Clapton in 1976 and released in 1977. For me this touching composition is one of the most important songs ever. A masterpiece. Over the years I have developed a simple fingerstyle version, which I play from time to time. I hope you enjoy my easy listening "sofa version" ;-)

Greetings,

Jimmy

I think you are familiar with Mike Masse and him going viral with his Toto cover of Africa in a pizza parlor live.... I hate that guy.. :laughings: but man that is a well recorded "live" version.... Not meaning to hijack the thread but what do you and Jimmy think about this "live" recording.... I came upon it before it went viral and messaged him asking about it but got no response...

Not being funny - but I seriously hope Jimmy's videos are kind of take 16. If I found out he sat down, tuned the guitar, played it once and put it on youtube I think I'd give up!
Please don't worry Rob - I usually need several attempts - the first take is very rare.... So giving up is not the solution, my friend! :-)

Best regards, Jimmy

I think you are familiar with Mike Masse and him going viral with his Toto cover of Africa in a pizza parlor live.... I hate that guy.. :laughings: but man that is a well recorded "live" version.... Not meaning to hijack the thread but what do you and Jimmy think about this "live" recording.... I came upon it before it went viral and messaged him asking about it but got no response...

Yes, it's a world class performance! Mike Masse is a gifted artist and I love his covers. They are of great musical quality and have their own character. By the way, I recorded “Africa” a few weeks ago but haven’t released it yet. I'm curious if you'll like it.

Best regards, Jimmy

Back