Wireless Headphones Monitoring System

G22

Hi,

I heard on this forum that analog wireless headphones system exist and that id be able to monitor my voice with 0 delay like if it was wired.

Id like a receiver rack unit that could do at least 2 headphones.
  1. I have a Behringer XR18 that I'm using for broadcast/podcast/streaming. I'd like to use the headphone out or a XLR aux bus out.
  2. I have a Motu M.2 that I'm using for home studio recording. I'd like to use the RCA output to connect to the receiver
My actual headphones are Focal Listen, I could keep them for mixing wired but when I do live monitoring I'd like something that's:
  • Comfortable
  • Delivers great sound quality
  • Long lasting batteries
  • Good wireless distance
  • No cracks, pops, interference of any sorts
Thank you for helping me!

rob aylestone

Personally, if it has to be radio (because BT is not designed for low latency) it has to be the analogue Sennheiser G2 or G3 for me. However - and it is a big however, I'd not use it for mission critical mixing. There is a companding system - so it's squashed and stretched. There is also RF noise potentially and all the other stuff that goes with RF links.

I've got a load of IEM gear, and I would never use it in my studio.

You WILL get pops, crackles, interference, odd warbling sounds and randomness - it comes with the system. A single unit on it's own has less of these artefacts, but, they still happen - randomly, and always at the worst time. On stage, I have had a few occasions where part way through a show my IEM feed has been replaced by a DJ in the building next door, even though the RF path from IEM transmitter to me was less than 5m!

If you want the best quality - an RF link is the worst thing you can do. Cables are transparent.

Papanate

Hi,

I heard on this forum that analog wireless headphones system exist and that id be able to monitor my voice with 0 delay like if it was wired.

Id like a receiver rack unit that could do at least 2 headphones.
  1. I have a Behringer XR18 that I'm using for broadcast/podcast/streaming. I'd like to use the headphone out or a XLR aux bus out.
  2. I have a Motu M.2 that I'm using for home studio recording. I'd like to use the RCA output to connect to the receiver
My actual headphones are Focal Listen, I could keep them for mixing wired but when I do live monitoring I'd like something that's:
  • Comfortable
  • Delivers great sound quality
  • Long lasting batteries
  • Good wireless distance
  • No cracks, pops, interference of any sorts
Thank you for helping me!
You could try the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless Headphones or the Apple AirPods Max. Both color the sound - the Sennheiser's a less so than the Apples.

G22

You could try the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless Headphones or the Apple AirPods Max. Both color the sound - the Sennheiser's a less so than the Apples.
They're bluetooth wich introduces delay when monitoring your voice.