Which condenser is best for vocals and guitar?

Which condenser best for vocals and acoustic guitar?

• Total voters

OnlyGrace

Hello, I need a new mic for vocals, acoustic guitar. I wanted to know all of your opinions on the CAD GXL 3000, CAD M177, or the MXL 990. I'm leaning toward the GXL 3000, because all the good reviews I've seen. By the way right now I'm using an SM57 for both vocals and acoustic guitar. I kinda want something clearer, brighter, and overall better sounding. Thanks so much in advance,:)

God Bless,

Jacob

I think that the 990 is seriously out-performed by every one of the other mics mentioned.

Paj
8^)

Ok thnx guys, I read some reviews on the MXL 990, and people say go with the CAD mics instead, so I'm kinda confused?:confused::) Sooo, anybody who has ever used any of these mics please comment, I'm really messed up by all the reviews, but still leaning to the CAD GXL3000

I have used the AT3035. It doesn't have much bottom to it, but it is very flat response and good sounding on mids and highs. Pretty good on guitar too, although I prefer the AT4040 on guitar. AT3035 is never shrill on vocals or guitar, I like that. But I don't like the lack of bottom, even when you get close to the mic, the bottom doesn't come close to, say, an NT-1a.

Back