Where to get the right Amphenol cable for my Mic (Amphenol MC4F)?

niceties55

I am looking for an Amphenol MC4F for my Electro-Voice Model 636 because that is what the manual and promotional material that I see online say I need

The problem is when I eBay it, all I see are female cables. (I am guessing the F at the end means female). Anyway. I need it to be male to plug into the Mic. I am going to solder or crimp connect a modern XLR to the other end.

I asked people that sold the Amphenal MC4M online (cause I assume the M means male) and they said it was the wrong end.

Please help me find the right end so I can make this cable!

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
From what I can see you are right. The body of the mic has MC4F, so the cable required would need MC4M to XLR M.

Look here. The second picture down shows both ends of the cable you need.

When I saw the plug I thought I had something kicking around. Turned out it was a a couple old CB radios that had mic connectors with the 4 pins, but the cable side was female. Did a search on ebay for CB mic cables and found a few like this.... 4 Pin Microphone Mic Extension Cable Cord CB Ham Radio | eBay .
Not sure if it's the same as an MC4M or not and I wonder if a gender swap of the connector pieces could be fudged up between the bodies of the assembly to be made to work.

Back