Where Should I Put My Studio Desk?

jimmys69

MOODerator
Does anyone actually 'bite' at the bot leads? I guess I just think/hope humans have more integrity and wit about them. Oh, but then who is 'them or they' anymore? Ugh.

rob aylestone

The trouble is, I'm always nosey enough to click on them to see what crazy link people have dreamed up, which I supposed is what they want (or more often, the people they are paying to make them think their site is busier!)

Joking aside, in these topics I always remember when I changed the design of my studio, and put in of all things a small chroma key wall, with a curve - something that shouldn't be in an audio studio. The result was an unwelcome change to the 'sound'. My speakers are on tall stands - big metal things, so I played some music and tried them all over - and the best sounding, perhaps even better than it was before the curved wall, was half way down the rectangular (roughly) room, facing back to the wall I used to be looking at when working. So I built a new desk and put it 180 degrees round, at the right distance from the speakers, and it's great to work in. It's a bit odd to have about 16ft of space behind the speakers, but it works rather well. I'd never have thought of this without just playing with moving the stands around.

Last edited:

Hmrc

Don't spend more on monitors until you have the room well-treated acoustically.

+ 1 about

and just as well :
remember that ears must hear the "source" not the monitor / speakers ,
then the monitor have to be the much trasparent and clean as possible ,

as very few and rather expensive are available on the market .

hope this help , cheers .