Where is best to place my desk?

LuckyFox

Hello, first time here!

I've been tracking and mixing for a while in a sort of bedroom do as best you can situation, but I have finally moved into a place where I have a room just for my studio and I want to get things right.

I've made 2 plans on how I think the studio could go and I'm just looking for some advice on which way to take this.

The carpet is a drum kit
And the blue stuff is bass traps that I built. (You can ignore the round things, and obviously the shapes outside of the room can be ignored and I have no idea why the door is so big on the second picture 😂)

I feel like the desk along the long wall gives more room and looks more comfortable but I've seen most spaces placing the desk along the shorter wall.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

IMG20220216224409.jpgIMG20220217102741.jpg

The 2nd one. In the first one, you will have reflections coming back to you very rapidly rom the wall behind you, which will be bad for mixing. Ass some corner traps where the sofa is, too.

I would flip the second version. You want your desk as far off the wall as possible while mixing. Ideally your listening position about 1/3 the length of the room for room mode sweetest spot. Try to get some treatment above the drums while recording if possible.

Back