Where do I go from here?

thevirus5085

I am a newbie and I am trying to learn about as much as i can about the things I need to buy. As of right now I have a Vf160, some cables, a art core guitar, a drum workshop drumset, a bass i found in the garbage can, a good pair of head phones.
i know i need some mics so i plan on getting:
Main vocals- marshall MXL V67G
guitar cabs/ snare- Shure SM57
overheads/acoustic guitar - a pair of Oktava MC012's
Toms/ some vocals/ all purpuse cheap condenser- studio Projects B-1
DI box for bass - countryman Di
kick mic-AKG D112

now my question is what do you think of the mics i have chosen(for a cheap budget) and what do i need to get to expand and such?

You are going to need a pre or a mixer with phantom power to run the condensors.....

post em' up when there done man,
Joe

well I thought the Phantom power of the fostex VF160 woudl take care of that... is that not true?

and what would be the point of the pre besides the phantom power... i mean what does it do?

and what mix would you suggest me check out? is the VF mixer that is built in basiclly just crap then?

thevirus5085 said:
well I thought the Phantom power of the fostex VF160 woudl take care of that... is that not true?

and what would be the point of the pre besides the phantom power... i mean what does it do?

and what mix would you suggest me check out? is the VF mixer that is built in basiclly just crap then?

Sorry man...I am a dunce....I thought a VF160 was a mic.....
I record everything on my hard drive...I have no idea if it is shitty or not...I use a Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro...into the soundcard....easy peasy.....

you are all set...

A pre just boosts the signal.....that's all...

Take it easy man,
Joe

Back