What Synth To Buy?

JakJak

Hi,

I've already bought a Microkorg synth, but I have pretty much exhausted its presets.

I was wondering whether anyone could suggest a next synth to purchase, under £200?

Thanks

What can you find used near you? That's a small budget. Is this for live or recording use? If recording, try some VSTi's.

What can you find used near you? That's a small budget. Is this for live or recording use? If recording, try some VSTi's.

Try making your own presets? The microkorgs a pretty decent VA as far as i know...if you wanted something digital to compliment it try the korg micro x....its basically a sound module with a 25 key keyboard but delve nto the software and its got a lot of depth...cheap too

It depends what kind of character you are after, at this moment there seems to be a "mini-synth with maximum possibilities" war going on between the various synth manufacturers.
Also, as above already asked above, does it have to be a physical instrument?

If you do not fancy making your own you can also load some presets made by other people in your microkorg, loads of them available online for free. I would post some clickable links if i could, but have to get some more posts to be able to...

korgpatches dot com is a great resource
korgforums dot com also holds many goodies

Back