What should I use for monitoring?

imissthewar

I have a Digi 002 system on the way and I'm still deciding what to use for monitoring. I need to feed my monitors, m-audio BX8s, a pair of headphones in the control room for when I track there, and a headphone preamp in the next room.

I need a way to control all these levels separately, so I can easily mute my monitors when I'm tracking in the control room. I'd rather not just turn them off everytime......

I use a behringer mx 602. I run direct monitoring of my mixer on one bus, output from my sound card on another bus,and i put a mic on another bus. The mic is so i can say "Stop playing guitar so we can record or keep playing the drums I am trying to get levels." So times guitar players whine and say i need to hear the singer during play back, so i make the singer sing along. The mixers output is pluged into my headphone mixer. The tape outs are pluged into my power amp for payback so everyone could heard it without headphones. It works great. THe mixer was like 40 bucks. You dont need a expensive mixer for That you are not recording through it.

Back