What are the best platforms to get feedback?

Soundcloud and Youtube are both available free, and you will sometimes get comments back. The problem is that with the billions of videos that are out there, nobody will see yours if it isn't posted or promoted in some way. The chances of someone randomly finding your video is really low. Post links on your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook pages, or on other social media sites.

You also have Bandcamp, where you can sell your music however you want. I don't use Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, or any of those streaming services, but you can check into them.

Soundcloud and Youtube are both available free, and you will sometimes get comments back. The problem is that with the billions of videos that are out there, nobody will see yours if it isn't posted or promoted in some way. The chances of someone randomly finding your video is really low. Post links on your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook pages, or on other social media sites.

You also have Bandcamp, where you can sell your music however you want. I don't use Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, or any of those streaming services, but you can check into them.
I did everything that you mentioned, but haven't got any feedback except the scammers. Need to find a different way.

Oh, I didn't realize it is available. Do people here really do it? Where should I upload it?
In case you aren't aware, you can attach an MP3 to a message. As they mentioned, the Mixing Clinic is the most appropriate place for posting your songs if you want feedback on the sound, or, if you are wanting comments on the song construction, lyrics, etc, you might put it in Song Writing and Composition.

Just attach the file and you're good to go.

In case you aren't aware, you can attach an MP3 to a message. As they mentioned, the Mixing Clinic is the most appropriate place for posting your songs if you want feedback on the sound, or, if you are wanting comments on the song construction, lyrics, etc, you might put it in Song Writing and Composition.

Just attach the file and you're good to go.
I see. Thanks for the tips ;)

The best platform to get the feedback is the one you feel the most comfortable at. The one you have at least some following. In some cases even paid FB advertising can help you to get desired feedback. However, I personally think that Reddit is one of the top networks where artist could go and get some decent, honest feedback. It depends of course, sometimes you just get unlucky. This is the most engaging and active platform in general IMHO, so be noticed there could be somewhat difficult but when you get at least some attention - you will feel it right away. Yes, YouTube and SoundCloud could be good options as well but communities there are not as engaging, so these two should more be used to keep audio (SC) or audiovisual (YT) uploads online. You could also go for Twitter which has huge organic reach at the moment but to reach someone you need to put work into it... or money..

In another hand, it depends on what kind of feedback you are looking at. If it's a monetary one - you should check those streaming platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, etc. or try to sell your releases on music marketplaces like Bandcamp, Discogs, etc.. With these platforms you could make direct money - if any. Some people consider this type of attention a positive or negative feedback as well.

You can throw your track in random places all over the internet, forums like these helps a lot as well, just make sure to check if it's active beforehand.
Good luck!

Back