Whaasup?

dmcsilva

C'mon now,

someone has to have recorded SOMETHING in the last couple of weeks.

I've hit a dry spell. What's YOUR excuse?

dmc

The hits keep coming at Amrather Studio.
A new synth tune written as a soundtrack to a
docudrama about the events of 12/7/41.
Of course, this "soundtrack" project is all in my mind, except for the .mp3 itself which actually exists.

1.26 MB 256Kbps stereo .mp3 0:40

Meant to be played as a loop. Enjoy!

drstawl:

You, my friend, perpetuate some complex compositions. The synth sound kinda reminds me of the guy that used to play his keyboard at Bern's Steak House here in Tampa...only your music is intriguing and has depth, while his sounded like it ended up on the editing room floor of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Thanks for the fresh addition to my mp3 collection. One of these days we should come up with a Homerecording.com compilation cd to showcase some of the talent contained herein. Good idea, no?

dmc

You know, I was going back through posts and found this one. I wished i had gotten it. Then I found it.
But anyway, if you're still interested ...
Pearl Harbor, I actually joined the Navy in 1989 at 17 yrs old. I guess my past experiences must have something to do with it but I relate to your concept as expressed by the music in a very visceral fashion. Did you get in any service time? How did the synthesis of music and content come about? I mean, did the event somehow inspire the composition or was the mood of the song the basis of the title, etc.
I too enjoy throwing a slant on the 'process'. It often forces me to step outside of my normal boundaries and injects a kind of inspirational quality in the music.
I hope I can still get your other posts. Thanx.

My dad served in the Pacific in the Navy as the guy who steered the ship; not sure of the actual title/rank. He gave me the straight dirt about his service and steered me clear of any military service. I love him dearly in any case but particularly for his honesty with regard to this touchy issue. I was still deeply touched by the ugly scene that December 7 of '41. It came out in that piece.

Back