WAV Manager question

CRT1

Hello - I have a MR16 and would like to export music background tracks from my PC to my MR16 to record vocal tracks. The manual is very vague on how this is done. I manage to get the "pc to MR" opened, with the track listed, but when I hit export I get a pop up saying "cant export song" Also, there is no info on what settings my recorder should be on.
Any help would be appreciated! thanks - Jerry

First you must export tracks Not Stereo .wav files. The MR will accept mono tracks, so you may need to break down the tracks The tracks need to be named tr01.wav, tr02.wav etc and recorded at 44 khz 16 bit.

Another option is to use an audio CD and import a stereo CD track using the CD-DA Import function (MR16 HD/CD required) (see p:15 MR16 Supplementary Manual)

My MR 16 does not have the CD feature, so looks like I am out of luck. The tracks I have are indeed labeled correctly, 16bit, 44 khz, but I don't know how to get them from the WAV manager to the fostex.

I am sorry that I cannot be of more help. I have downloaded tracks from a CD into my MR16 but not across the USB link.
Please go to http://fostexsupport.com/index.php and pose your question there. Many of the users are ex Fostex Forum users and they will help if they can. Join up as well - its free.
It would be useful if you could give more detail of the files you are trying to transfer. How were they recorded? What format? I do know that you need to get everything exactly right for it to work.

OR Can you record the tracks from the PC into the MR using the Audio route I.E. Speakers out into Inputs A & B. Crude, but it will work.

Good luck and I hope you sort it out.

Thanks :) The files are mp3's. The manual does not say anything about going from wav manager into the MR16.

When you download WavManager, you will also get a .pfd file of instructions. The information is in there.

You will need to convert the mp3 files into the 44kz 16 bit Wav format before trying to download.

I guess my second suggestion of just playing back the mp3 files and recording on to the MR16 may be the easiest solution!!:confused:

If you visit www.fostexsupport.com go to the MR-series FAQ and there is a detailed

"How do you import wave file from Computer to MR8MKII?" AND "Wave File Export from PC to MR8HD"

Which applies to all the MR-series... (MR16, MRHD, etc..)

Back