W.A.S.P cover "Wild Child"

I never knew that this was a W.A.S.P. song.

The whole mix sounds very dark.

I do get a very distinct feeling that this would be better situated in the "Marketing your Music" subforum.

I do get a very distinct feeling that this would be better situated in the "Marketing your Music" subforum.

That's exactly what this is. This guy is a click seeker. Just another youtube superstar wannabe. He doesn't care about mix comments or offering anything to this online community. He just wants those page views.

Haven't heard W.A.S.P. in a long long time. If your asking for mix advice, I think it is already where it is supposed to be(if you were trying to get close to the sound they had)....sounds like a finished project and maybe that is why it is seen as needing to be placed in the other forum and not here.

Sorry, but thats not it at all! I like having feedback to my work.
I always posted my stuff here before.

Yeah but you only show up once every few weeks to post something and then you disappear. You aren't giving anything back to the community. You're showing us a finished project that you aren't even in charge of mixing or designing along with website links. I don't know what we're really supposed to say here.
"Yes, I'll buy your product."?

It's not that we don't want to hear it, it's just that posting this in the MP3 clinic is clickbait. That's what the Marketing Forum is for.

Yeah but you only show up once every few weeks to post something and then you disappear. You aren't giving anything back to the community. You're showing us a finished project that you aren't even in charge of mixing or designing along with website links. I don't know what we're really supposed to say here.
"Yes, I'll buy your product."?

It's not that we don't want to hear it, it's just that posting this in the MP3 clinic is clickbait. That's what the Marketing Forum is for.

Ding ding ding. Attention trolling belongs in the marketing section.

I don't want to pile on here, because it's all been said. But I saw Greg posted in here and thought to myself "No way he's giving this guy feedback", so I had to come in and see what's going on.

Look Hugo, I don't know you and you might be a great guy. But this is a community of sorts. All I've ever seen you do is post your stuff, and leave until the next time you post your stuff. You don't comment on anyone else's stuff and are not part of the community at all. And I'm not hinting that you should go listen to my stuff. I'm happy if I get advice from 2 or 3 specific people in this place and that's all I need.

Personally, I've stopped even listening to your stuff. I'm sure it's great, but I'm not going to help you underhandedly get more clicks.

Shwarzzenpecker explained it perfectly.

And I'm not trying to be forum police or anything, but this place used to be a vibrant section of the board with everyone getting and giving lots of comments and feedback. Now it's nothing but greedy drive-by look-at-mes. It's a lot of taking and no giving.

Since I never comment on peoples mixes, I'll comment on this one.

The timing is all over the place, especially the vocals. The groove goes from inconsistent to nonexistent. Try a click track.

The mix never really gels. It often sounds like a group of instruments playing at the same time, but not together.

good luck.

I love WASP, but the vocals are pretty bad here. Over all it sounds ok. I've heard way worse, but I would rather just bust out the Last Command.

I'm sorry for all the confusion guys. Really!
I have left feedback plenty of times on other peoples tunes. I do confess I haven't been here in a while.
I have created a new thread in the other section of the forum but can't seem to delete this one.

@Fairview: I am used to a click. This was tracked over the original tune and there are inconsistencies in the tempo. So I had to get the feel of the tempo of the original recording. I would be much easier to record if it was tracked to a click.

Cheers guys.. and thanks for the heads up.

I'm sorry for all the confusion guys. Really!
I have left feedback plenty of times on other peoples tunes. I do confess I haven't been here in a while.

Like I said, Hugo, you might be a great guy, and you actually do sound like a nice guy. Like Greg said, we're not trying to be forum police or gang up on you. You actually once commented on one of my tunes, I have to admit. But that was more than a year ago and since then, it seems like you just drop in to post one of your recordings with a bunch of links and then disappear until the next one.
It's not about not being around. I just came back from a longer than 2 month break from this place. It just seems like you're spamming more than looking for feedback. Anyway, it's all good. I guess everyone has a right to use this place however they feel. But if you contributed a bit more, you'd probably see that coming back to you also.

Like I said, Hugo, you might be a great guy, and you actually do sound like a nice guy. Like Greg said, we're not trying to be forum police or gang up on you. You actually once commented on one of my tunes, I have to admit. But that was more than a year ago and since then, it seems like you just drop in to post one of your recordings with a bunch of links and then disappear until the next one.
It's not about not being around. I just came back from a longer than 2 month break from this place. It just seems like you're spamming more than looking for feedback. Anyway, it's all good. I guess everyone has a right to use this place however they feel. But if you contributed a bit more, you'd probably see that coming back to you also.

No worries RAMI. I know you guys mean well. Thank you again for the heads up!
I've been so busy with sessions. Thats why I haven't been here lately and when I do, its very little time.
And sometimes I do hear various tunes of the various users but I don't always comment on them.

OP has left feedback on my tunes in the past..

Yes. :)

Back