Würmhole - Trying out some new delays on latest POD Go firmware update

stratmonkee

Just recorded this to try out the latest Pod Go firmware update, also used a EHX Attack Decay pedal and a EHX Mel9. Its pretty shoegazy and long, not shure what else Im going to do with it , or if will try to incorporate a version with my live band, but sure had fun doing it :>)

Wurmhole good. If you want it this long, you should add some different moves, I think. Lyrics, or set your guitar on fire or something. But it sounds good. Trust what you like doing.

As a recording, it sounds really good. I don't have any suggestions in that regard.

As a composition/arrangement, however, it's way longer than it needs to be, IMHO. I found myself fast-forwarding after the second time through the form, looking for a change. The change that showed up around the 4:40 mark was very welcome, and I really dug it. It got much more interesting from then on out to me.

But, yeah ... I would think you could cut out at least half (almost 2/3) of what's here.

Wurmhole good. If you want it this long, you should add some different moves, I think. Lyrics, or set your guitar on fire or something. But it sounds good. Trust what you like doing.
Yeah, was definitely a long drone to try out different delays and filter things thru out, working on some lyrics, a bridge, a possible solo, and trimming it way down....maybe set the drums on fire... :ROFLMAO:

As a recording, it sounds really good. I don't have any suggestions in that regard.

As a composition/arrangement, however, it's way longer than it needs to be, IMHO. I found myself fast-forwarding after the second time through the form, looking for a change. The change that showed up around the 4:40 mark was very welcome, and I really dug it. It got much more interesting from then on out to me.

But, yeah ... I would think you could cut out at least half (almost 2/3) of what's here.
Cool thanks, yup, really was getting into the drone while playing it, Im thinking it has inspired the band and I to try and whittle it into something more accessible and listenable.

This sounds like a really cool song. I'm a fan of shoegaze music, so I really enjoyed listening to this. It's always interesting to hear new takes on this type of music. I can't wait to see what you do with it in the future!

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation
Cool, working on lyrics/vocals now as well as tightening it up, adding a bridge etc.. Thanks for listening!
Big sound man. Sounds like a fun bit of gear to play with.
Thanks, yeah, threw a lot in there for sure, I often do that, then start trimming away to get a tighter, more cohesive song...will see here how that goes. Thanks for the listen!

Back