Vocal Effects (Harmonies, etc)

Pitch correct while mixing... not tracking... and only correct what needs fixing... no reason to correct the whole track if the vocalist only misses a few notes... Sounds a hell of a lot more transparent...

Oh... I've use the TC Helicon Voiceworks... and what he said... best value out there... Canned harmony patches are a bit in your face... but with a bit of tweeking... very useable... I mostly pitch correct with it...

newb opinion

maybe i'm wrong but, aren't harmonizers like the #2 thing wrong with music?

#1 being pitch correction?

(no offense, i'm sure it's useful on certain problem stuff...)

no wait, clear channel is #1... bump everybody down.

oo! I just though of my very first sig file!

just a minute...

I own a TC VoiceLive. I use it at our gigs because unfortunately, I am the only one who can sing. My band mates are great musicians, but don't have a voice.

I just dial up the song, press a foot switch, and it's like have 2-4 of me in harmony.
I only use 2 part harmonies for most of our songs. One nice feature is the harmony hold button, as long as I hold that foot switch in, the box will sustain, oohs,etc. while I sing lead over them.

I don't use the pitch correction.

I love my voicelive touch. The harmonies are great. I would imagine if you used a keyboard the harmonies would be even better. Sometimes it has a hard time picking up the key of the guitar, but it is still amazing.. Its easliy programmable, and easy to change on the fly. Check out m original song I used the Voicelive touch. -Impossible- w/ Voicelive touch TC Helicon - YouTube

I have a Digitech Vocalist VR that I like to use sparingly. It can really fatten up a backing track. That being said, if you can't sing, it wont fix $hit. And if you use too much of it, it sounds fake. But a little bit from a send to an additional track in the DAW that you can compress and add just the right amount of verb and it sounds pretty tits. However, it didn't cost $1000 so most of the lurkey jerks on this forum won't like it even a little bit.

Obviously no one that has weighed in so far has experienced what Evendtide effects processors can do for you mixes. Ever heard of Boston or Pink Floyd not to mention the hundreds of other bands who have successfully tricked you over the years. In the right hands Eventide effects processors can be magic. In yours, obviously not transparent at all. How many of you have ever heard of an omnipressor. Today most engineers think that Eventide is a plug in. The plug ins will never sound like the original hardware. The original hardware was transparent. The engineers who mixed the great classic acts in the day, could make you think that Eventide effects were actual harmonies. Of course, I am talking about processors that are way out of most engineers budgets in these times.

Of course, I am talking about processors that are way out of most engineers budgets in these times.

And you came here to "HOME" recording, where nobody can afford anything close to that, just to rub our noses in it and make sure we feel lower than dogs about how obvious it is to you. Flattering......

Nope... you're looking in the right places, you've just got to come up with about ten times that amount... For something closer to your budget I'd recommend the TC Helicon Voice works for studio work, but they've got better suited gear for live work, but without the same sonic quality, if that's your primary use

Back