Vinyl’s back!

DM60

Wasn't sure where to put this, so if it is wrong, please move.

For those of you longing for the old ways ;) Disc Makers is offering a special for vinyl records

I have no interest here other than passing information.

vinyl?

...Disc Makers is offering a special for vinyl records...

Sounds cool but what's the tech behind the vinyl? If it's digital as opposed to analogue is there any point? If it's digital you are getting a CD (quality) on vinyl & I must again ask: what's the point in doing that???

Sounds cool but what's the tech behind the vinyl? If it's digital as opposed to analogue is there any point? If it's digital you are getting a CD (quality) on vinyl & I must again ask: what's the point in doing that???

I think people are more in love with the idea. I think your points are all valid, but there are some out there that love the idea of a record.

me too

I think people are more in love with the idea. I think your points are all valid, but there are some out there that love the idea of a record.

Me too - luv vinyl & luv LP album artwork :cool:

Would also love to do it properly with reel-to-reel recording but I couldn't afford to do that when analogue was in its heyday let alone today. DAWs with all their flaws have set my creativity free ;)

Love vinyl, the covers are great and the feel of a record just feels right.

BUT..... I have to agree with other post. Putting digital music onto vinyl is just for looks and appeal, nothing to do with the actual reason for using vinyl.

I can say if I bought a record and when I went to play it realized it is not analog, but a CD crammed onto record for just looks, I would feel quite jipped!!

For this reason, there would have to be some kind of readily visible disclaimer on the front of the jacket stating that this is not a "real record" or a "pure analog" source!!!!!!

If it is digital, I would for all practicality prefer a CD form factor.

I clean my records as I treat them like the analog sources they are, paid good money for a very nice turntable and phono stage, and maintain a modest but finicky LP collection to listen to real records.

possibilities

I make music & would love to push out a vinyl, but it would be alongside a CD, I don't know how I would justify the 'LP', possibly acoustic 'unplugged' versions of the electric CD tracks; that could even be done on analogue tape if they were straight sessions - one off takes - that would be nice :)

I saw a hip-happen'in group I follow that their last release was digital and CD, and the CD cover was made out of berry juice or something instead of ink :facepalm:

Anyway, they released a new CD this month, and it also is available in Vinyl, so their must be something to it, because I would expect most people of that age group to look at record player and think its a pottery wheel or something.. :p

now where did i hide that excellent reel-to-reel all those years ago?

now seriously considering a modest vinyl project but using reel-to-reel analogue tape (if i can find a recorder that still works :eek:) so you get the proper audio not digital-to-vinyl. It may remain a pipe dream of course, time will tell :)

Back