Vegas 7 and VST effects Problems

mrdarkside2k3

I did a reformat on my computer and reinstalled all my audio programs. I can't get Vegas 7 to see my VST effects. Sound Forge 8 has no problems seeing them. I have uninstalled all the effects and I have uninstalled Vegas. Reinstalled them all and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas why Vegas won't see them? I even go into preferences and manually point Vegas to the VST folder in Program Files and it doesn't want to have anything to do with them. I am lost, can anyone help?

This might sound weird but give it a shot. Be careful and backup your VST folder somewhere. Burn it to a CD or just copy it to an empty folder on another directory tree of your drive.

Now delete the original VST folder. Start Vegas. If it is like Acid it should ask you if you want to create the folder when you go into the settings for VSTs. Click yes or Create Folder. Then copy all the crap from the old VST folder into the one Vegas made.

DO TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT THOUGH. I don't have Vegas. But these were the steps I took for Acid Pro 6 and Sound Forge.

Vegas is DirectX, not VST. Did you have a VST wrapper installed prior that you didn't reinstall?

I could be wrong, I haven't used Vegas since 5.0b, so I am a little behind in terms of which plugins it will recognize.

Back