Vegan funk!

kcearl

I see deaf people
Ok Im not very funky, and its mostly a drum machine, DR110, but it has no midi just my heavily edited fingers :D

Im sure you guys no more about this stuff than I do, Im convinced Ive ripped the main lead of a famous track

New synths, deepmind 12 and monologue

Any listens, comments, much appreciated

All sounds good to me. I don't recognize the melody line so you won't have to worry about my lawyers coming after ya.

Listened with Bose headphones. I didn't hear anything in the mix that stood out. Well balanced and everything in its own space. Nice depth to some of the patches. They sound cool. Did you have a guitar part in there? Not sure if it was a guitar or a synth providing a little rhythm part.

yeah man.

Thanks Dave

Its a guitar played through my moogs filter. Not sure why, it seemed a funky idea :D

Hey J, nobody would have me...besides at my age if I gigged Id prolly gave a heart attack...tying my shoes nearly gives me a coronery ;)

Thanks for giving it a listen mate

The stereoscaping is pretty cool. Any particular reason you didn't sequence the drums? And yeah, the head sounds a little familiar but I think you've moved it around enough to get away with it.:thumbs up: Nice job, enjoyed the listen.

Glad to see you Teysha...its like a gathering of the geriatrics in here :D

I didnt sequence the drums as it the machine has no midi

Its a little analogue box, like a poor mans 606, so I just played it then edited my timing in the audio

10 mins to record, 2 weeks to edit lol

lol - totally reminds me of rolling down the streets of Los Santos playing GTA V.

Nice mix - bigly! No issues here.

Not so into the tone of the drums, but they fit this, and it's probably a tone you wanted.

I absolutely love the part that appears @ 1:27 and again @ 3:16! I suspect that's the guitar you mention...sounds like it has both a wah and flanger or phaser on it, but I guess it's some kind of synth effect?...did you slide the chords or bend the pitch or...? That's a new sound to my ear, which is very cool.

Glad to see you Teysha...its like a gathering of the geriatrics in here :D

I didnt sequence the drums as it the machine has no midi

Its a little analogue box, like a poor mans 606, so I just played it then edited my timing in the audio

10 mins to record, 2 weeks to edit lol

Get off my lawn!

Good to see you too!

lol - totally reminds me of rolling down the streets of Los Santos playing GTA V.

Nice mix - bigly! No issues here.

Not so into the tone of the drums, but they fit this, and it's probably a tone you wanted.

I absolutely love the part that appears @ 1:27 and again @ 3:16! I suspect that's the guitar you mention...sounds like it has both a wah and flanger or phaser on it, but I guess it's some kind of synth effect?...did you slide the chords or bend the pitch or...? That's a new sound to my ear, which is very cool.

You can alter the tone of the drums other than a knob thats just bass/treble...its really basic, but really good

The guitar goes into the audio in on my moog slim phatty, its then you just use an LFO to modulate the filters cutoff. A couple of my synths have an audio in channel Ive just never thought about using them...and as its midi you can sync it.

Another good box for synced fx is m audios black box, go for cheap as chips...got mine and a new footpedal for $50!! Just bypass the amp modelling and itll sync through usb...like a poor mans adrenalinn, I like a poor mans anything lol :D

The bottom end kicks you in the...er...chest. The top end is crisp! Everything sounds amazing. Not my style of music, but nice production with lots of variation and movement. Awesome job.

I had the vegan song first. Bastard. :)

Seriously - it sounds nice.

My only nit is there are a couple of percussive instruments that are a bit pointy. Just a little hard on the ears.

But that was it.

Thanks TM

I turned the tone knob to the treble side on the 110, that might make some a little harsh...the tamb and cowbell were linndrum samples...not sure if its them

Thx for listening, glad the mix isnt all over the place like my last tracks overheads :)

The main snares pretty harsh...its probably not the best drum machine for this...but I rarely pick things for sound rather what im jamming with at the moment the track starts...or newest pice of gear :D

Thanks Ray...got another on the go....no beer this year so far increases my productivity ;)

sounds good kc
I'm sitting in the recliner listening on phones. All the tones are good. Great arrangement too. I enjoyed the listen.

My only nit is there are a couple of percussive instruments that are a bit pointy. Just a little hard on the ears.

I also thought something sounded a bit harsh, piercing even, about 40% into the song. In the breakdown, on the R side particularly.

Good sounds all the way around. And +1 on the GTA V comment

Back