Using the Behringer xenyx q502usb to listen to computer audio

BronzW

I've noticed that it should be possible to use this mixer to hear the audio coming from the computer it's plugged into, but does anybody know what jack you are supposed to plug your headphones into if you want to achieve this? Is it also possible to only listen to computer audio and not hear any of the microphones, while still sending the microphone audio into the computer? thanks

7755749.jpg

Plug your headphones into the jack labeled 'PHONES'! The mixer must be selected as the audio device in your software/computer.

Plug your headphones into the jack labeled 'PHONES'! The mixer must be selected as the audio device in your software/computer.
I did this and it worked, thanks. But even though I can see the left and right bars going up differently, I'm not getting left and right audio in my headphones. Does this jack support left/right audio, or do I need to use the jacks under?

the right bar was lighting up when the right channel was playing, and the left was lighting up when the left channel was playing, but I wasn't getting any left and right audio in my headphones.

Just above the phone's level knob are two buttons to send either the USB audio to phone's or main mix outputs. Push send to phones button in and you should have audio via headphones and control level with the phone knob. It's a simple mixer. Perhaps once around with a quick read of the manual.

Just above the phone's level knob are two buttons to send either the USB audio to phone's or main mix outputs. Push send to phones button in and you should have audio via headphones and control level with the phone knob. It's a simple mixer. Perhaps once around with a quick read of the manual.
Yeah I got it working but as I said in my second comment it's not working with left and right audio.

Yeah I got it working but as I said in my second comment it's not working with left and right audio.
Your response makes little sense. I got it working but it's not working.

So here are my thoughts. The I/O for USB is direct to the output selected by those switches with one caveat, if you route the USB out to main mix, the manual states it mutes USB recording to avoid feedback. If you are plugged into the phones output and are using a standard 1/4" headphone connector, the incoming signal from the computer is direct with no panning control, only level, and what is left and right is in the computer audio control panel or setup of the DAW I/O.

So if you are playing back computer audio and you have the USB send to Phones selected and send to Main off with headphones plugged into the Phone jack with the Phone knob turned up, and are still not getting audio, the issue is likely, in order, setting of computer audio out, faulty Phone output of mixer (test with another input on mixer) or possibly a bad adaptor for the headphones (1/8th inch to 1/4)

So first, does the headphones work with a microphone plugged in and can you pan audio left and right? If yes, issue is likely in computer. If not, it's the phone jack or headphones.

Screen Shot 08-13-22 at 03.50 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 08-13-22 at 03.51 PM.JPG

Your response makes little sense. I got it working but it's not working.

So here are my thoughts. The I/O for USB is direct to the output selected by those switches with one caveat, if you route the USB out to main mix, the manual states it mutes USB recording to avoid feedback. If you are plugged into the phones output and are using a standard 1/4" headphone connector, the incoming signal from the computer is direct with no panning control, only level, and what is left and right is in the computer audio control panel or setup of the DAW I/O.

So if you are playing back computer audio and you have the USB send to Phones selected and send to Main off with headphones plugged into the Phone jack with the Phone knob turned up, and are still not getting audio, the issue is likely, in order, setting of computer audio out, faulty Phone output of mixer (test with another input on mixer) or possibly a bad adaptor for the headphones (1/8th inch to 1/4)

So first, does the headphones work with a microphone plugged in and can you pan audio left and right? If yes, issue is likely in computer. If not, it's the phone jack or headphones.
No need to be mean but, no, it does not work while plugging a mic in via xlr. My theory is after some experimentation that the issue might be with the adapter. Plugging my headphones directly into my laptop works with both left and right sound, but since everything from the computer to the mixer and the adapter to the headphones work like they are supposed to I think the issue has something to do with the adapter.

No need to be mean but, no, it does not work while plugging a mic in via xlr. My theory is after some experimentation that the issue might be with the adapter. Plugging my headphones directly into my laptop works with both left and right sound, but since everything from the computer to the mixer and the adapter to the headphones work like they are supposed to I think the issue has something to do with the adapter.
Mean? I took the time to read the manual and give you some useful information, but my comment about me not understanding how something works but doesn't is mean?

Your perspective is I was less than kind. Mine is you did a poor job of communicating the details.

Good luck.

Back