Using lexicon alpha for karaoke?

Harvoni

Hi, I know this topic has been covered already, but mainly just for the recording portion of the lexicon alpha. What happened was I put together some cheap stuff to make a computer karaoke system for one of my family members. I recently got the lexicon alpha and thought that I can enhance my current setup and possibly eliminate some components by just using the lexicon. I will describe my old setup (please don't laugh- i have zero knowledge of sound technology and did it to the best that I know), and hopefully someone can show me if I can simplify and achieve similar result using the lexicon:

1) I use the internal sound card of my laptop to change the pitch and do voice cancellation of output songs in real time (this is for songs with no karaoke versions)
2) I then run this output to a mixer. The other channel of this mixer is hooked up to a karaoke player (it provides the volume and the echo for the microphone)- so this mixer mixes my singing and the music.
3) One of the output from the mixer is connected to the speaker system. The other output is connected back to my laptop to be recorded to Audacity.

This is for fun so I dont expect professional quality or anything like that. I just thought that the lexicon alpha possibly can take place of the internal sound card (for manipulating sound), the karaoke player (because it has a microphone input itself-though I don't know if it can add echo), and the mixer.

Please give me a few pointers. Many thanks!

You could use the Alpha to replace the internal soundcard on your computer, which might marginally improve the sound quality being recorded, but it doesn't have any FX, so won't do you any good with the mic the way the karoake machine does. You could possibly use the FX in your DAW to add to the mic's sound, then you would monitor the track rather than the direct input from the mic.

Back