Using Cubase effects in Wavelab Elements.

J

jokerone

Hi,

I have Cubase 8 Pro, and Wavelab Elements.

I would like to use the multiband compressor from Cubase inside of Wavelab. Anybody know how to get it moved over to Wavelab so it sees it?

I guess Wavelab (full version) has it in there, but it seems since I already own full Cubase, and have it that the plugin/effect should be usable inside of Elements.

thanks.

I would think it should show up. Be sure it's not on the ignore list or Do Not Load list. Be sure your Cubase plugs are in a folder WLE can see. You can include additional folders for VST's.

... or maybe it's just not compatible.

I would think it should show up. Be sure it's not on the ignore list or Do Not Load list. Be sure your Cubase plugs are in a folder WLE can see. You can include additional folders for VST's.

... or maybe it's just not compatible.

I'll give it a try. thanks!

I figured either they aren't making it easy so I fork over the $$$ for the full blown one or its just not possible. Either way. Elements is all I'm paying for.. :D

Some effects in some daws are "proprietary", meaning they are coded to work only in that program.

It's not as common as it used to be, but...

Some effects in some daws are "proprietary", meaning they are coded to work only in that program.

It's not as common as it used to be, but...

I think this maybe one of them. Going into Cubase into the plugin window, I found it was stored in the VST3 directory, at least that was the reference. I didn't see any DDL like this in that directory, but I added that directory into Wavelab Elements as one to search for plugins. Hit the refresh search on startup, and it didn't help.. :(

I have one last chance, and that is I have Stienberg's reps cards. I'll shoot him an email and ask him how/possible to do it.

thanks.

I have got the multiband comp working in the full version of wavelab...maybe you need the full version instead?

Hello,

Hi,

I have Cubase 8 Pro, and Wavelab Elements.

I would like to use the multiband compressor from Cubase inside of Wavelab. Anybody know how to get it moved over to Wavelab so it sees it?

I guess Wavelab (full version) has it in there, but it seems since I already own full Cubase, and have it that the plugin/effect should be usable inside of Elements.

thanks.

This is not possible in the Elements version of WaveLab.

Best regards,
GN

Back