user friendly 8 track recorder suggestions

Roodboy

I am looking for a really user friendly 8 track recorder for under $600 that I plan on using to record myself at home. I am not a computer savvy guy and am scared of PC recording. I previously owned a Zoom MRS-802 CD that I like but the drum machine was really hard for me to program.
Anyway, I am looking at Tascam DP-01FXCD and thinking it may be a good place to start and add a drum machine later.
If anyone has suggestions for other equipment, easy drum machines or experience with the Tascam DP-01FXCD I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

I use to have a Yamaha 8 track minidisk recorder I paid 400$ off ebay used simple to use and worked like a champ. But I made the move to PC recording and has way better recording options don't be afraid of PC recording it offers way more then most stand alone recorders. BTW Cakewalk is the easiest software I used and now a days they have USB audio interfaces and Firewire just plug up and play. I'm not PC savy myself just know the basics, and most PC recording software have help menues to guilde you thru any problems. I don't use Cakewalk anymore I switch over to Cooledit Pro 2 with the firewire option I love it it's way better the the stand alone recorders.

Back