USB problems

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: USB problems

alfalfa said:
Yup I see your point. I am not sure if the original posters requirements fill your criteria though. I think he would be better off not getting a usb interface for his needs.

I was more or less not responding to the original poster, but to the statement that USB is unacceptable for audio, and should not be used.

There always seems to be a massive onslaught against USB devices everytime someone asks about them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: USB problems

alfalfa said:
Yup I see your point. I am not sure if the original posters requirements fill your criteria though. I think he would be better off not getting a usb interface for his needs.

You're right, I won't be using a laptop or more than one pc so portability is not an issue. I'll go for the audiophile/preamp combo instead.

Thanks to all the posters - I learnt a lot from the above discussion

damn i'm too late.

i've got both.

a frontier design wavecenter/tango24 that is 8-in/8-out ADAT lightpipe and spdif with 2x2 midi.

i also have a tascam us-428 that has 2-in/2-out audio and midi.

i use the us-428 to record other artists in their environment, and i use it as a mixing console for my in-house studio.

i really like the way the us-428 sounds, and i haven't had any problems with it since i upgraded to XP service-pack 1, but i'm pushing an external pre-amp (FMR Audio RNP) into it.

I've been thinking about going down to chuck levin's and demoing the US-122 since it runs off laptop juice.

Back