Universal Audio Vs. Waves Plugins

What company produces better plugins?

• Universal Audio

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Waves

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
i use wavs. its not bad for what you get. but i have heard from many engineers that uad stuff is really slick. havent ever heard a bad word about their bundle. sure is spendy though...

Waves VS UAD

Well things are changing in the DAW world as we know, PT 11 will be released soon with 64 bit plugin capacity(AAX format) and waves will be creating a native format to AAX native. UAD I have always been curious to use in a session but being a waves user for 5 years now I find owning them has really brought my mixing and mastering workflow to heights unimaginable. I myself own the Mercury bundle plus the Studio Classics bundle and I can say the emulations are well done. If you own UAD plugins you need to buy a separate hardware unit to operate them which was a real turn off for me but the prices really aren't that much different than waves prices when you look at the recent changes waves has done to their price adjustments in the last few years. I have always wanted to test drive UAD plugins in my environment but that means I have to buy them before I try them and that isnt really appealing either. at least with waves they let you demo their plugins free for 30 days and then you can decide if it is for you.

here is Waves plugins in action on a couple songs of mine which are available for purchase at the iTunes Store

Just Google for for Griploc and check out my latest song titled "The Get Down" or "Roll'n Hard"

Waves stuff truly sounds amazing and you can be very creative with them

Last edited:
I choose waves because NLS and SSL, maybe one day UA will make the console emulation too, and maybe better then waves.

Sorry for my bad english

Back