UA TwinFinity vs. Focusrite ISA One

blue4u

well that's just like you
I've got my eye on both of these new preamps. What do you guys imagine will be the biggest differences or selling points of one vs. the other? Since it isn't foreseeable to spend a lot of time with each one in comparison (before I decide) I am hopeful that you guys will have had some experience with other similar products from these two companies to provide a ballpark comparison. Here are the two products:

http://www.uaudio.com/products/analog/710/overview.html
http://www.focusrite.com/products/isa/isa_one/

They are priced about the same. I like the versatility option of trans to tube with blending but maybe this is gimmicky? I'm leaning more towards a classic Neve or SSL sound with a lot of punch so, maybe the ISA One is a better pick? Though, the UA solid state circuits are equally nice as well. What are your thoughts??

Thx :)
Rich

Has nobody here used or owned a UA Solo or Focusrite ISA preamp that can comment on these and how they compare? I could really use some advise if anyone knows these preamps and how they differ in sound and effect :confused:

Thank You.
Rich

The UA is too new... Based on my experience, UA always makes a solid product as I have the LA610 and UA4110 and love them both.... but for that specific unit... too new to know.

Personally, I am not too ond of the newer Focusrite blue series stuff. That could be because I like the older models which in my opinion sound much better though. I like the UA stuff I have used, but it would definately not be my primary or " go to" preamp. The UA tube stuff I have used has a great agressive charactered sound, but lacks the versatility of so many others on the market. It just becomes too much when used on too many tracks. Then again, many people say that about Neve's as well:) If however the new twinfinity sounds like a 610 in tube only mode, and gradually gets away form that sound to something a little more neutral as you get to the "trans" setting then there is a good chance that I would prefer the Twinfinity over the 610's, at least if I were to own one. Time can only tell here, at least for me, since I have not used one.

Yeah Twinfinity has not shipped to us dealers yet so you can't expect a hands on report. That being said, I think it will be more versatile that the ISA One. I have both the LA610 and a ISA428 and they're both good for some things.

Thanks guys. This is helpful! The Universal Audio stuff is made in the U.S. so I wonder if the quality is better...

Back