Two songs from my band, hopefully part of an EP

Spazhands

'ere mate
Hi from the UK :) Below are some two recordings from last weekend, which I tracked at our practice space and I would like to hear your critique on them. I have been recording a while but am fairly fresh with recording whole bands. After recording a cd album last year, in a studio we have decided to put a few tracks down on vinyl. Now, I am by no means in a position to slag off the guy who produced the album but I am really not too impressed with the outcome (considering price).... Which has fuelled my desire to do it ourselves :rolleyes:
Any way the two tracks below are trials if you like, so the performance isn't 100% but they should give an idea what I'm working with.
There will be another guitar added at some point and vocals will be happening tomorrow. I have not tried these tracks on anywhere but my DAW, not even the car yet!!

MP3 Player SoundClick

I'm not an expert in this type of pop punk, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but you mix is mid range heavy. The low end isn't so bad, but it's not what I'd expect from a rocking tune like this. The high end seems muffled on all the drums. IMO this makes the mix seem weak. Maybe that's a good thing in this style, I don't know. The guitar riff around 1:10 uses a bit too much distortion/something is clipping. I'd change that sound, because IMO it's too harsh.

I have added main vocals, and remixed a little. Criticism please!

Hi, thanks for the response. I hear what you are saying about the distortion on the guitar, I think it maybe the speaker I chose to mic(its a 2x12 marshall) I would never be able to get the gain turned down as the guitarist has had the same settings since 1989 and is stuck in his ways! :eek:
I tried upping the mid on the master but it seems any increase makes it very boxy. Hopefully the other guitarist who is yet to track his bits will fill out the sound a bit better. I am wondering about my monitoring and how accurate it is, as it sounds WAY different everywhere else!
Anyway I have put the main vocals on the track and done what I could with them, I have mixed drums, guitar and bass a fair bit, but never vocals as its the only thing I cant play myself. Also the vocal style is not your average.. kind of flat throughout but not!

MP3 Player SoundClick

Back