Two Mixes I am working on.

Mofo Paku sounds like Captain Beefheart if he joined Scatterbrain !
That is a copy of a copy that has skips in it. I don't have access to the original so I am stuck with the one with skips. I have the ADAT tape it was recorded
on but the tape got moldy. Sort of like losing the 13 century in the original "Roller Ball". We did improve upon that version but never got it down on tape.
One of these days I may stumble on the original somewhere in my million CD collection or on one of my old hard drives? I have to laugh. I haven't listened to that
in quite awhile and just listened again. I don't think I could copy the timing of that skip.

"Mofo Paku sounds like Captain Beefheart if he joined Scatterbrain !"

I guess I can take that as a complement. One song, I forget which one, was referred to by Stuart Specter as "Gothic Rockabilly"?

Last edited:
That is a copy of a copy that has skips in it. I don't have access to the original so I am stuck with the one with skips. I have the ADAT tape it was recorded
on but the tape got moldy. Sort of like losing the 13 century in the original "Roller Ball". We did improve upon that version but never got it down on tape.
One of these days I may stumble on the original somewhere in my million CD collection or on one of my old hard drives? I have to laugh. I haven't listened to that
in quite awhile and just listened again. I don't think I could copy the timing of that skip.

"Mofo Paku sounds like Captain Beefheart if he joined Scatterbrain !"

I guess I can take that as a complement. One song, I forget which one, was referred to by Stuart Specter as "Gothic Rockabilly"?
being completely sincere, something about the quality of composition , playing and rawness of the sound .. that combo has a lot of charm. Your vocalist .. that tone takes years of cigarettes and bourbon to achieve ! lurve it !

I am the vocalist lol, but I resemble that remark.
yeah well theres a lot of authenticity and complete lack of pretense.. its refreshing to hear this particular combination. Production and playing has gotten a tiny bit over cooked these days imo .. everything is expected to be symmetrical and perfect .. If you listen to 0U812 by Van Halen ... A Pollitical Blues is somewhat of a departure from the rest of the album production wise, but its relaxing in that its real , raw and fun.

yeah well theres a lot of authenticity and complete lack of pretense.. its refreshing to hear this particular combination. Production and playing has gotten a tiny bit over cooked these days imo .. everything is expected to be symmetrical and perfect .. If you listen to 0U812 by Van Halen ... A Pollitical Blues is somewhat of a departure from the rest of the album production wise, but its relaxing in that its real , raw and fun.
Those two clams are not in the video for no reason. I am not really that fond of "solos". Usually I like to keep them short and sweet. I was going to fix the two clams but
I did the solos in one take on both instruments and I didn't really want to bother for one note on each.

Back