Two computers controlled by one MIDI keyboard?

keyz

Here's the deal. I'm a college student. I have a Macbook Pro running Tiger and my roommate has a Powerbook running Panther. I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 key midi controller hooked up to my M-Audio Firewire Audiophile MIDI in. We both have Reason and would like to use my midi controller to control both machines without having to unhook cables each time from each machine to the other.

I took the MIDI out of my Firewire Audiophile and ran it to the IN on my roommates digi 002 rack. But the data going IN to my Firewire Audiophile is not going OUT and he's not receiving it to his digi 002 into Reason. :confused:

I don't know how to get this to work. Any ideas?

On the first computer you have to enable Midi thru on either the M-Audio control panel or in Reason. I don't know where to find this settng in Reason because I don't use it but I imagine Preferences is a good place to start. Also try using the Help menu and searching on Midi.

If you don't have luck finding the setting in Reason then use the Midi Setup in the M-Audio control panel.

Also,

If you can find control parameters on your M-Audio (although I would think there is some type of MIDI through) - there are hardware MIDI routing boxes in which you can tak a MIDI in and then that multiple MIDI outs from the router to whatever MIDI in you choose.

Back