Trimming?

darkarmy

How do I edit the end of a recorded guitar phrase? I am muting some heavy chords and they are bassing out at the end of the phrase. I need to edit the ending of them. Sonar 7.

I like doing edit and prep with clip envelopes. Slip-edit could be faster if you luck out and all you need is basic fade shapes.

Have you been to basic audio editing in the help menu?
Alt-left click swipe. Or highlight (select) the clip and swipe in the time ruler.
Delete
I would suppose 'cut at zero crossing applies (check it's on) but even so if you're cutting' you still may have to do fade ins and outs unless it happens to be in a gap. In that case you may be back to doing fades anyway.

ALT-left click swipe didnt work. doing it the time ruler is not precise enough to get the small amount I want cut off. (Which leads to another question: When I highlight on the time ruler (miliseconds), why does want to highlight in blocks of seconds instead of where I click?
Back to the main question: How do I trim off or delete the ending of a muted guitar phrase. When I mute the cord it basses out in various parts and needs to be edited out.

Last edited:
Split the audio at the point it starts to bottom out (right click>split) and put it on another track to edit it. And for your selecting problems, click the arrow next to the button with the grid on it. A box should come up. Edit your "snap to time" settings there.

Attachments

• Snap To Grid.jpg
    Snap To Grid.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 27
How do I edit the bottom out where it is at? I am not sure of the purpose of moving it to another track? I just want to highlight the bottom out and delete it....nondestructivly.
Also, can I highlight peaks in the track view and bring thier levels down or minimize the peak?
That worked for the time line...much more accurate.

Oh, okay. I was just saying add it to another track so you can EQ just that one clip. Sorry, but I'm not really understanding what you're getting at.

Back