Too much feedback w/POD Live

skankster

Anyone here use a POD live? I'm plugging mine (POD 2.0) into the PA (Mackie) and it sounds great - but I can't get it loud enough before it starts to spew this really nasty shrill feedback.

Any of you got a cure for this?

Thanks,
Ken

As with me... Maybe the sound you like has too much gain.

I assume you are running into a stage amp???? What are you using for that?

F.S.

Last edited:
so there is no mic'ing... Hmmm. You've got alot of places to have gain problems if that's the case. but (not being a pod user) I would think the pod settings are the most suspect. If you are using the same setting on the pod as you use at low volumes I would guess you need to start trimming back on the gain. Try turning down the gain as far as you can and still get the sound your after (without regaurd for playability & sustain) then crank it up.

Oh I almost missed it!! If at all possible kill the guitar in your monitors, at least the ones near you. With a 4X12 cab on stage you should have plenty of stage volume at least on your side of the stage.

Good Luck

I gave up on units like that years back:D

F.S.

the only suggestions i have are to pay attention to position to speakers and to consider a parametric eq to chain in and cut a couple of the nasty frequencies.

Back