The People You Meet

queepy

aka Variaxman
A new one I'm working on, actually started out as a kinda strumming country and western type vibe and over the last few weeks , morphed into something a little diffrent...this is my 1st mix of the newest arrangment and wondering how its sounding to fresh(better) ears then mine....thanks for listening!

Streaming link:
MP3 Player SoundClick

Sweet country vibe! :p

Ok...maybe not.

The main guitar riff is really cool. I like the way you processed your voice on this too. You've gotten away from the "so heavily processed you can't make out a thing he's saying" thing to something that still sounds nicely whacky, but is much more in yer face and intelligible. Fun tune.

Sweet country vibe! :p

Ok...maybe not.

The main guitar riff is really cool. I like the way you processed your voice on this too. You've gotten away from the "so heavily processed you can't make out a thing he's saying" thing to something that still sounds nicely whacky, but is much more in yer face and intelligible. Fun tune.
Thanks HM! Since Ive started using Reaper to record, Ive really tried to get away from the wacky vocal effects, as a metter of fact, this vox has nothing but a tiny delay and some eq.....I think my voice is just weird to start with :o....I think I would like a little more definition between the guitars and the bass...things seem maybe a bit muddy? Changing the chorus lyrics up so will be posting a new vocal version in the near future.....thanks for listening, I appreciate your comments!

Sounds really good to me mate with a nice overall balance in the mix. Love the solo part, guitar and drums, it works really well.

Your stuff always reminds me of a Psychobilly band. (That's a compliment) I can't quite put my finger on who though. Always a great vibe with fun lyrics.

I'll give this a better listen tomorrow at volume when I get in my (studio) room. :thumbs up:

Queepy, I think this is the best I've heard from you yet. Love the song. Great vocals. This is how I've always wanted your vocals. Forget all that weird layering and effects. This is where it's at in my opinion. The mix is overall pretty good to me. If anything, I'd say drop that middle guitar some during the verses and let the wide rhythms do most of the work until the lead part. Maybe pan the toms off center more. Great job overall.

It definitely seems like you've gone up a level in clarity. The guitars sound great and I really dig the vocal delivery too. Lotsa fun!

Cool song this queeps. Excellent lyrics and a great snarly attitude - really like both the riff and lead guitar too. One more vote for the clearer vocals too! Good stuff man :)

Starts off like the Stranglers - I think you might tweak a little to let more of the bass growl through all the way from beginning to end. In the rebuild section you should PUSH the bass a little more.
Terrific stuff mate. You really are hitting your stride at present.

Hey guys, thanks for the great comments! Sorry I'm a little late replying, been away for a few days.....sounds like Im on the right track vocal wise...cool you can actually understand them a bit:p...Just messed with the mix a bit, taking Greg and dobros advice, I cut the exessive middle guitars out of the verse, leaving the 2 panned hard left and right...also tweaked the solo level just a tad to bring it out more...here is the new mix:
MP3 Player SoundClick

Starts off like the Stranglers - I think you might tweak a little to let more of the bass growl through all the way from beginning to end. In the rebuild section you should PUSH the bass a little more.
Terrific stuff mate. You really are hitting your stride at present.

Thanksso much Ray, dig the Stranglers! I did tweak the bass a bit in my mix above...

Yup, the new mix sounds great! I thought it sounded fine before, but now I think it's more open and the tweaked solo sounds really nice.

Bad ass tune man. The vocals kind of remind me of of Rozz Williams of Christian Death. Not that you sound like him, just the way you saying things reminds me of Christian Death :D

Bad ass tune man. The vocals kind of remind me of of Rozz Williams of Christian Death. Not that you sound like him, just the way you saying things reminds me of Christian Death :D

Cool man, whoa...never heard of Rozz Williams before....kind of a tragic story....will have to check out some music from them for sure!Thanks for listening, glad ya dug it!

Back