The new v-amp 3 :|

Sub7

Hello dudes,
i have both v-amp 2 and v-amp 3 but i dont know how to import the patches on the new V-amp design 3 if i try to import v-amp 2 sysex files it say is not compatible, in the other side if i try to control my new v-amp 3 with the older version of v-amp design (2.0) the device is not recognized. any suggestion?
Bheringer website say so:

V-AMP Editor 3.0 public beta - Design (english) (1608 KB)

* Public Beta Software for use with V-AMP3, V-AMP and BASS V-AMPs.
* Does not work with V-AMP2, V-AMPIRE or V-AMP PRO Products
* Windows Only
* V-AMP2 and V-AMP3 sysex data and presets files are incompatible .WTF??
* Owners of V-AMP3 and V-AMP2 must use both editors respectively

PS: i use a Cakawalk MIDI TO USB cable to control the v-amp with my pc

Last edited:
If Behry themselves say it's not compatible, I guess I tend to beleive em, since they made the thing.

If Behry themselves say it's not compatible, I guess I tend to beleive em, since they made the thing.

Which means i will not able to find any "precofigured" patch before wait 2-3 years when market will be saturated :mad: -_-

Hello dudes,
i have both v-amp 2 and v-amp 3 but i dont know how to import the patches on the new V-amp design 3 if i try to import v-amp 2 sysex files it say is not compatible, in the other side if i try to control my new v-amp 3 with the older version of v-amp design (2.0) the device is not recognized. any suggestion?
Bheringer website say so:

V-AMP Editor 3.0 public beta - Design (english) (1608 KB)

* Public Beta Software for use with V-AMP3, V-AMP and BASS V-AMPs.
* Does not work with V-AMP2, V-AMPIRE or V-AMP PRO Products
* Windows Only
* V-AMP2 and V-AMP3 sysex data and presets files are incompatible .WTF??
* Owners of V-AMP3 and V-AMP2 must use both editors respectively

PS: i use a Cakawalk MIDI TO USB cable to control the v-amp with my pc

Can you even hear a difference between the two?

Can you even hear a difference between the two?

Hi, well till now i didn't had so much time to test it, but it has some new cool amp modeling and the older ones has been improved.
However theres no patches in their website, neither googling so if you need any kind of sound you will need to make it by yourself, the new v-amp package also does not include the footswitch and the bag.

Hi, well till now i didn't had so much time to test it, but it has some new cool amp modeling and the older ones has been improved.
However theres no patches in their website, neither googling so if you need any kind of sound you will need to make it by yourself, the new v-amp package also does not include the footswitch and the bag.

Oh, well I have the vamp pro which doesn't have a bag or footswitch so I never would've known the difference.

I'm sure you can use your old footswitch and bag with it though?

Hi, i've just bought a v-amp 3... and in five years seems that behringer didn't update their software (or released a new one).

I would just backup my sounds in my computer... anyone has any news??

Thanks (and sorry if i reopened this post 5 years later...)

They made changes and moved things on for one reason or another. My W98 sythn guitar gear won't work with XP. I learned to live with that (& built a crude W98 box to run it IF I ever want to).

Back