The Mighty Quinn.....a speed recording challenge.

RAMI,
I'd love to listen but the net is so bad tonight that the stream stalls every 2 notes on the intro - & I haven't managed to get beyond 5 of them. I like your cover - considered doing the Dylan style?

RAMI,
I'd love to listen but the net is so bad tonight that the stream stalls every 2 notes on the intro - & I haven't managed to get beyond 5 of them. I like your cover - considered doing the Dylan style?

I've listened for you ray, with my wavery 3G hotspot connection because Telstra don't have enough nodes at the local exchange for real internet. Still.

'Tis good indeed. Strangely enough in the weeks leading up to this appearing I found myself using the term 'cup of meat' on several occasions, for no particular reason. God, maybe I'm psychic?

It's a good tune, very well executed by the RAMeister. Nice.

That was fun, I love that song.
Brings me back, good memories. You certainly nailed it to say the least.
It sounds and feels like you're having a blast :)
I have absolutely no critique, just high praise.
Thanx Nak. Did have fun doing it. Not the world's most difficult song to learn/play. :)

RAMI,
Thanx Ray. How can you like my cover if you can't hear it? Or maybe that's why you like it? :D

I wouldn't do Dylan's version of anything. He writes some good ones, but others always perform them better.

I've listened for you ray, with my wavery 3G hotspot connection because Telstra don't have enough nodes at the local exchange for real internet. Still.

'Tis good indeed. Strangely enough in the weeks leading up to this appearing I found myself using the term 'cup of meat' on several occasions, for no particular reason. God, maybe I'm psychic?

It's a good tune, very well executed by the RAMeister. Nice.
I love that line "Cup of meat". One of my favorite lines in any lyrics. 'Twas a fun one to play. :)

Last edited:
These are your vocals?

1) I only know "Blinded by the Light" by MM. Springsteen song actually, if I remember correctly.
2) everything is smooth and panned nicely. the spacing/panning is very good.
3) what are you doing on the master bus?
4) those guitars are popping and in your face...whatcha doing to them?
5) vocal chain? they sound great

nice work man

These are your vocals?
Yes. Everything's all me.

3) what are you doing on the master bus?
Nothing on the master bus while mixing. But then I bring my final mix into a new project and just put a limiter on the entire mix to get the volume up to about -12rms.
those guitars are popping and in your face...whatcha doing to them?
Hmmm...Nothing special, really. I mic my Fender SuperChampX2 with a 57. I double my rythm tracks, playing them twice. That's about it.
vocal chain? they sound great
Thanx. Again, nothing special. I double all my vocal tracks, singing everything twice. Generally, I'll keep the doubled part about 9db lower than the main track, but in choruses, I'll usually bring the doubled track up to the same volume as the main. I compress the vocal bus and then add some delay. In this tune, I think I used a pretty quick slap-back, if I remember correctly.

This is actually a Bob Dylan tune, for those that don't know. But, like I mentioned to Ray, others always do his tunes better (All Along the Watchtower, for example).

Sounds great as always, Bro. I do agree that the guitar/flute sounds a bit thin but the rest is you all the way. Good job!

Back