The Fun Room - mix?

Seems pretty good.

That snare tone is a little weird. It sounds like brushes, but there's a ton of body to them.

Nothing really leaps out as wrong on a first listen tho.

Sounds really good. Really digging the low end kick/bass. Kick sounds pillowy good and smooth. Good space all around. Vocals sounds good.

hey man i think this is really clean. the track is very full i like what you did with all the panning. and i love the old rock and roll vibes you got going on. really great job

Vocal is nice and clear.

The drums are a little robotic and yeah the snare sound is a bit strange.

I think the acoustic guitar on the right sounds pretty nice. Kind of far back in the mix tho.

If it were me, I would have gone with a slightly-breaking-up guitar sound on the left. The tone you have is *super* clean.

Thanks for listening. The drums are just ezdrummer. It's a shame I can't get them more human. The snare...I used a Studio One snare preset and tweaked it a bit...but I don't think the preset was intended for brushes...it had quite a boost down around 200hz from memory. No problem to go in and tone that down a bit. That should improve the snare.

I really liked it, and probably wouldn't have picked on the drums (not a drummer), but now that you mentioned it... Yeah, this is a really nice song, and maybe you're ready for something like Superior Drummer, or even a real drummer. Or, just use that snare track to trigger a better sample!

You know I tried a couple of hours ago to take some of the sizzle away from the hihats and overheads...and tried to take some of the body away from the snare...and I'm going yeah that's better...so I re-upped the new version on soundclick...came back an hour later and realized I'd made the overheads/ hats way more sizzly. That must have happened when I tried to eq the snare or something. Anyway something weird happened. So I reverted back to the original mix. The snare doesn't bother me that much. I can always tweak it later when I realize it's a bit odd. But oh well. I'm not a drummer either...and midi editing makes me curl into the fetal position.

Thanks for listening!

Back