Temporary Awake

Honestly, I liked the first version best. The song completely changed without any guitars, and without that second lead instrument. Those heavier guitars really made the song, for me. It gave the chorus, as well, a heavier feel.
Personally, I liked the first version better, too. I agree with the mixing suggestions you've been given but I prefer the beginning of the first take over that second one. Something about how it stops and then starts again is abrupt to me. It's just a suggestion, but I think it flows into the verse better, in the first version.

My only comment at this point (listening on cans), cut your synth to make room for the vocals. I think it is pretty cool song and just needs some tweaking to get the vocals more clear. Not louder, I think you have them at the right level, just more room so they stand out more.

Good stuff!

Thanks for commenting, seems you all agree on this. I will make the second mix/version closer to the first one.. guitar wise (sound wise) yet keeping the level, and masterbus dynamics, EQ, panning etc.. since I worked a lot on that on the "second version"

Back