Tegan and Sara TEAC 80-8

Good Friend

I recently read that Tegan and Sara were recording at the guy from some famous bands home studio. If you havent heard Tegan and Sara you should check it out and give it a chance even though most guys hate music made by twin lesbian sisters.

Anyways they posted this pic on their myspace and it shows them with a TEAC 80-8 and i hope they are using it for the record. I read that Sara wanted a les hi-fi sound than on their last record and so maybe they are choosing to track some of it on the TEAC for this new one. Could all be for the picture though because Chris Wallas studio has full blown 2 inch machines.

I hope they are using it though, some of my favorite independently made records were tracked on 80-8s, and its a likeable sound i think.

This really isnt much of a post but i thought it was a cool picture.

Attachments

• l_3ebef5d327b73ab5d4f90b104dfacd71.jpg
    l_3ebef5d327b73ab5d4f90b104dfacd71.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 64
Good Friend said:
I recently read that Tegan and Sara were recording at the guy from some famous bands home studio. If you havent heard Tegan and Sara you should check it out and give it a chance even though most guys hate music made by twin lesbian sisters.

Anyways they posted this pic on their myspace and it shows them with a TEAC 80-8 and i hope they are using it for the record. I read that Sara wanted a les hi-fi sound than on their last record and so maybe they are choosing to track some of it on the TEAC for this new one. Could all be for the picture though because Chris Wallas studio has full blown 2 inch machines.

I hope they are using it though, some of my favorite independently made records were tracked on 80-8s, and its a likeable sound i think.

This really isnt much of a post but i thought it was a cool picture.

I seriously doubt that the setup on the right goes to a Tascam 80-8.

Now, the setup on the floor does.

I saw them in NYC with Cake. Thought they were OK... didn't feel compelled to leave at least. OVerall they don't suck.

T and S

I hear alot of passion in them, maybe not the most hip style or sound, but the passion seems strong. Their songwriting and voices have greatly improved on the newest record, "So Jealous". The albums before that were just OK.

Go buy their tour video "Its not fun, dont do it" and after watching it youll dig them alot more.

Back