Teething problems

Greatgoogley

Hi to all that can help. Recently bought a boss br800 to use with cakewalk by bandlab.using a guitar thru the br 800 and a keyboard thru midi. Started recording with both items and no problems at all. Trying to add alesis sr 18 drum machine thru br 800 using 2 mono jacks to stereo jack. Sounds great whilst playing but come to record on cakewalk sounds very muffled and not precise. Tried diffrent leads and configurations but same end result. The guitar and keyboard are still fine tho. Also tried the output of alesis straight into active speakers and all outputs are fine. I know im doing something extremely stupid but i cant see the wood for the trees. Any help would be amazing thanks:-)

Trying to figure out why you bought a stand-alone digital recorder instead of a dedicated audio interface. My guess on your problem is that there is internal FX on that stereo drum machine track.

Brilliant thanks very much for your reply. New to all of this so i think my research wasn't the greatest but hey ho we live an learn but thanks again for your advice cheers

Back