Teac 80-8 .. any info?

The Ghost of FM said:
Thanks! :)

I guess my Dutch sucks, eh? :o

Absolutely not!

"Is hoe veel dat in Amerikaanse dollar?" is almost correct, should be: Hoe veel is dat in Amerikaanse dollar.

Dutch is a very difficult and complicated language, which is only spoken in a part of Belgium and a kind of Dutch is spoken in the South of Africa.

So you are a hero bro!

I posted a link to 6 shortened demos of a Gypsy Jazz Trio on the Mp-3 Mixing Clinic. They were recorded on an 80-8 using seven tracks with no noise reduction. I did not use any muting as this was just for the guys to hear the night we did the takes. If you have cable or download it you can get an idea what an average worn 80-8 sounds like. Paul.
http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=125392

Many Thank Yous!!

Monday 112th July,UK 2004

Thank you Eddie for forwarding me to the link with pics. of the Tascam machine, sorry for my late reply since we were in the middle of all of this. I had to log of, as I do not have my own computer and use one in the library. On Sundays you can only use the facilities until 2.30pm just at the moment where all the fun started. So I missed out on all the money- and language discussion.

Hey Ghost, really good that you have some grasp of the Dutch language, where did you pick that up? Where you born in a Dutch-speaking zone or perhaps even born in the Netherlands?

Good to meet some fellow Dutchmen too, I do not meet many here in England, and have not met many on the web as well, apart from E-mails to friends.

As I am writing all of this I want to set up another discussion, but I do not know if this is the right place, since this is the Tascam forum. I would like to discuss topics such as creativity in songwriting and recording, and of course also include some details about relevant gear. Apart from that I would like us to mention some things about ourselves, things as "Are you professionally engaged in recording or making music or..... so a little bio about yourselve, this to get a picture of what we are like.

Having said all of this, I have to admit that I am new to this newsgroup, and also relatively new to the wonders of the internet. So any personal history about ourselve may have already taken place, since this site was set up in 1999. I will do some reading in the other, older pages, but anyway, what do you guys think, is this any good or does this sound like guble-dii-duck to you. Let me know,

In the meantime ENJOY!!!

Eddie de Hamer

How many tracks can this thing record?

I've got my eye on a Teac 80-8 myself as well, and I was wondering if it can
record all 8 tracks simultaneously, or if it's limited to 4 tracks at a time...

thanks,
tommy

Back