tascam us-1800 device not found

J Baum

Been using a us-1800 tascam interface to record live instruments on my imac...and it worked for like a week, BUT now no workie. I can't get the computer to connect to it. When i open the tascam software it says "Device: None Found". I've tried everything...reboot, reinstall driver, switching everthing off and on, but no dice. I'm using garageband and it showed the tascam channels in the input menu before i lost the connection and haven't able to restore.

Been using a us-1800 tascam interface to record live instruments on my imac...and it worked for like a week, BUT now no workie. I can't get the computer to connect to it. When i open the tascam software it says "Device: None Found". I've tried everything...reboot, reinstall driver, switching everthing off and on, but no dice. I'm using garageband and it showed the tascam channels in the input menu before i lost the connection and haven't able to restore.

Any progress on this? I started having similar problems recently--I would be playing vid clips and the audio would suddenly drop out. Turned out that for whatever reason the device disappeared off the list entirely. It also disappears when the machine goes int sleep mode. I've been able to consistently recover it by shutting down and restarting. I read somewhere that power fluctuations can be an issue if you're on a weak or flakey circuit. I bought a UPS with voltage regulation, and after a day or so I haven't lost it yet. In fact, I've solved other weird computer glitches in the past simply by plugging it in somewhere else (once even just a different socket on the same power strip!) If you're at your wit's end, I would give UPS a serious look-see.

I know my root cause was Windows updates....dont know if your MAc does the update thing, but thats what was causing my USB to be exact, was changed.

My fix was turning off updates, and then eventually disconnecting from the internet.
Also going back to previous setup before certain updates.

use a little laptop for surfing and garbage like this...

good luck.

Back