Tascam M308B & 38 8-track parts interchange with Tascam 388?

flyingace

Will parts from Tascam M308B & 38 8-track interchange with Tascam 388? I have a line on a M308B with the 38 reel-to-reel right now. Mixing board is working fine, reel playback only, no record with no idea from the widow what will make it work. Said husband used parts from the record “portion” to make playback work… not sure she knows for sure what happened only that he said to record it would need “parts”. She wants $1500, not sure of value without it recording though. Any thoughts?

Some of the cosmetic parts from the 388 would work on the M-300 series, and maybe some of the pots. The meters *maybe*. Certainly components off the PCB boards you would find some common parts, but don’t expect to find what you need to repair the mystery record issue with the 38. At $1,500 I’d try not to laugh and keep walking.

Thanks Sweetbeats! I did keep walking! I'm now looking at a TEAC A-6300 4 track stereo reel to reel to use as my mastering/mix down for the 388... is there any value in doing this? worth the extra $400 for it?
Some of the cosmetic parts from the 388 would work on the M-300 series, and maybe some of the pots. The meters *maybe*. Certainly components off the PCB boards you would find some common parts, but don’t expect to find what you need to repair the mystery record issue with the 38. At $1,500 I’d try not to laugh and keep walking.

Back