Tascam FW-1884 and M-Audio Audiophile 192

MERC

Hey,

I've had my FW-1884 for a few years now and my inputs 3-8 are giving me a funny ground noise. I hooked up my motif rack to if via the spdif and it sounds crystal clear but then I get some crackling type of noise after I let go of the keys on the keyboard. It's not a latency type crackle....but anyway, I had a $120 gift card from JR.com so I purchased an M-Audio audiophile 192. I figure i'll install it in my comp and use that for now since I can't afford to send my FW out for repair and not have a backup sound card. My stupid question is....will I be able to use the FW and the Audiophile at the same time? lets say i'm working on a Cubase project, am i going to be able to use the audio inputs from both cards at the same time? Also, once i install the Audiophile card, how do I best configure my comp to work best with both. I'm using a pc. Here are the specs. I configured from Sonica-x.com so I don't know exactly how to configure it myself for best performance other than how they sent it. THANKS!

1 X X2i Workstation (ws-x2i-001)
- Audio Interface:Integrated 7.1 channel with SPDIF
-- Memory Upgrade:Corsair 2GB DDR2-533 dual channel memory upgrade
- Pentium D Processor Upgrade:Intel Pentium D 840 Smithfield 800MHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual Core, EMT64 Processor
- DSP Processor:No DSP Processor
- Operating System Upgrade:Upgrade to Wndows XP Professional
- Audio Drive Upgrade:600GB 16MB cache RAID 0 2*300 Audio Drive

Back