Tascam DP008ex as a USB Audio Interface

Micoleao

Howdy,
I just got one of these. Great Machine BUT i can't seem to track down any drivers and my MAC OS (Catalina) doesn't recognize it as an interface to record with say Garage Band or Audacity. Is this NOT a DP008ex function?
Thanx in advance!!!
Mico

I don't believe this is, or can be used as, an audio interface. Though it could be a sort of quasi-interface in that you can use it's SD card or direct USB-Computer connection to transfer files to your computer, then drop them into your DAW (GB or Audacity).

There's a lot of saving/converting of song files involved in the transferring, but it can go quickly and smoothly once you get going with it.

I don't believe this is, or can be used as, an audio interface. Though it could be a sort of quasi-interface in that you can use it's SD card or direct USB-Computer connection to transfer files to your computer, then drop them into your DAW (GB or Audacity).

There's a lot of saving/converting of song files involved in the transferring, but it can go quickly and smoothly once you get going with it.
Thank you..That's what it is looking like..Bummer though.Was hoping to use one less piece of equipment ..Thnx for your response!!

What is your goal? If you purchased the DP008ex new you could possibly return it and buy an excellent interface at half the (new) price, with one or two INPUTs for direct recording to your GB or Audacity - you'd get better quality recordings with the interface. The DP008ex is only 16-bit 44.1kHz sampling, whereas an interface will get you beyond those low numbers to a higher professional quality.

Excellent interfaces can be had new for $99-$150.

I DO like what the DP008EX does. I was just hoping i could also use it as an interface...which i already do have..A Yamaha that works just fine bout $99 range. Hoping to consolidate. But your point is a good one ..The 16 bit thing is pretty low. If Zoom has a higher bit rate and 4 channels i may go with that. The Tascam was an Ebay find. Im sure i can get for it what i paid. roughly 2bills and some change.

I feel the same about my DP-03SD. It's fast and easy but keeps me on the first floor when I need to go up.

Back