Take Me Away.

Jason Chinchen

Made of rubber...
I wrote this a few weeks ago. It popped out in about an hour. This is a recording of me showing it to a friend who played along on his Strat. I added some organ, banjo and a bass to flesh it out a bit. I played sang and played harmonica all in the take.

Looking for feedback on the song itself and the production IDEA. This is not a final track but an idea pad so keep that in mind.....
I am ok with feedback/hints concerning mix also.
Thanks

Jason

http://www.box.net/shared/ftcn1y3dx8

Rocking some autotune? I just noticed some really 'steppy' movement later in the song. If I'm wrong, forgive me. I know it's just an idea pad.

It is an enjoyable song for me. I like the tone of your voice.

Nope, played and sang and played the harmonica at the same time, no tuning...yet. Thanks! I do have some scratchy stuff happen in my voice. Product of ten years of cigs.....behind me now!

I really like the song and I think you have a very good voice. I only have a couple of nits here.

Did you guys use a click track? Sounds like you might have some slight timing issues.

The electric guitar doesn't really fit in some places, I would encourage you to edit that track a little more selectively.

Good job though. Keep gettin up.

Garth

Thanks Garth. On the final track Ill go with a click. This was a test run so I could show the electric guitar player how the song went. I just happened to record it. So his amp is in the vocal mic and I cant remove his noodles....but when i track it for real next week of ccourse Ill set up a click and do it right.
Thanks so much for the comments!

Back