Tab-it midi into session drummer 3 issues

BCalvo34

Good Evening,
Ok, so I'm fairly new to home recordings. I know about track recording and I know that MIDI is not actual music but a set of on/off/hold commands.
My question however is how do I import a midi and have it play through session drummer 3? I have tried a few things and nothing is working. I must preface this by saying that I haven't really worked with MIDI before.
I have set up session drummer 3, assigning each track to a certain input, shown on a few youtube clips on how to do that. But then when I input the midi I get no sound from session drummer. I have also tried importing the MIDI track and then loading Session Drummer 3, also to no avail.
I want to import these Tab-it/guitar pro drum tracks that I have written because I am starting a new project and do not have a capable drummer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Bobby

P.S. If this has been answered in a different forum I apologize. I searched but was unable to find any useful information.

Clean start.

1 - Insert > Soft Synth > Session Drummer
2 - Choose Midi Source Tracks and All Synth Outputs form the Synth Properties dialog
3 - In the SD interface, change the Output Channels for Kick, Snare, Hat etc to a unique number. These will line up with your Audio tracks in Sonar
4 - Drag/Import your Midi track into the Midi track in Sonar
5 - Check the event list of the Midi track and remove anything not related to notes (CC's)

Back